- The architect Juan José Lahuerta presents his plans as director of the Gaudí Chair
- According to the US News rankings, the UPC is among the top 50 universities in the world in Engineering and Computer Science
- The UPC is coordinating a European project on new optical and photonic technologies for early diagnosis of diseases
- Amal Hadweh, promoter of the Palestinian-Israeli Women’s Dialogue project, has received honorary doctoral degree
- A molecular selfie reveals how a chemical bond breaks: a proton is seen escaping the molecule
Welcome to School of Mathematics and Statistics
School of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the schools of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC). It is located on the South-Diagonal Campus.
It's a school where professors and students know each other individually. Study rooms open twenty-four hours a day and School'sown library are ideal places for group work and personal study. The students of the FME care about the quality of their training and are involved in academic decisions. Life in the FME is not confined to the study, but is also rich in cultural activities, sports, and entertainment: concerts, competitions, theatre plays, lectures, festivals, excursions, travel, ...
The School participates in student exchanges through several mobility programs such as the LLP-Erasmus or Sicue Seneca. These exchanges are with universities in fifteen different countries thanks to more than fifty bilateral agreements that the FME has established. Almost 25% of graduates at FME spent at least one semester abroad and every year about twenty foreign students come to study at the School.