- UPC patents system for cardiovascular pre-diagnosis—in under a minute—based on contact with user’s hands or feet
- Catalan scientists develop new high-precision method for analysing and comparing functioning and structure of complex networks
- Robotic lighting system gives surgeons clearer view in operating theatres
- Terrassa hosts the AMBER laboratory for ultra-high-voltage electrical tests
- Lluís Jofre appointed director of CARNET project and SEAT-UPC Enterprise Chair, with Robert Griñó to serve as academic director
Welcome to School of Mathematics and Statistics
School of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the schools of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC). It is located on the South-Diagonal Campus.
It's a school where professors and students know each other individually. Study rooms open twenty-four hours a day and School'sown library are ideal places for group work and personal study. The students of the FME care about the quality of their training and are involved in academic decisions. Life in the FME is not confined to the study, but is also rich in cultural activities, sports, and entertainment: concerts, competitions, theatre plays, lectures, festivals, excursions, travel, ...
The School participates in student exchanges through several mobility programs such as the LLP-Erasmus or Sicue Seneca. These exchanges are with universities in fifteen different countries thanks to more than fifty bilateral agreements that the FME has established. Almost 25% of graduates at FME spent at least one semester abroad and every year about twenty foreign students come to study at the School.